Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, Anniversary, and 11 months

I've always loved the Holiday season and the wonderful Holiday spirit that it brings. I love being around family, expressing gratitude, and enjoying everything that goes along with it. Well, this year was extra special for our family for a variety of reasons. First of all, we got to celebrate Thanksgiving with Jaxson for the very first time. Second, we got to celebrate 3 years of wonderful marriage the day before Thanksgiving. Third, Jaxson turned 11 months old on our Anniversary! There were many other little details that made this week even better, but with or without them, it was a great week!

Here's our little stud-muffin on Thanksgiving day in his little sweater vest and blazer.


One of my cooking assignments was making the rolls for thanksgiving dinner and fortunately they turned out great (I always get a little nervous).


Gramma and Papa with the grand kids on thanksgiving after a wonderful feast.


It wouldn't be a holiday without the family gathering round to play some cards (especially with the Wagar side of the family).


Happy Anniversary! I love you!

Brandon and I went shopping together a couple weeks before our Anniversary to get ourselves presents so we decided that we wouldn't really give each other anything else on the actual day. Well I cheated a little and got Brandon some delicious and super cute cookies from cookies by design.

However, Brandon cheated a lot and got me a new gym in our house! He even managed to surprise me with it. He said he had to work in the morning and since he knew I was going to my mom's all day to help with Thanksgiving pies, he had a guy from work come to our house to help him build everything and then when we came home to get ready for dinner this is what I got! It's an awesome functional trainer with tons of options, a spinner bike, and an elliptical. (But I know he really got it for himself and tried to use our Anniversary as a cover so that he wouldn't get in trouble, but its OK because I love it!)

Last but certainly not least, Jax is 11 months old. He is getting so big and it makes me want to cry that he is almost a year old. They really do grow up fast. But, besides just having the wonderful opportunity to celebrate the holidays with our little boy, he added to the excitement... Jaxson started walking (I think that's an exciting thing, but I haven't quite decided yet). This video is the first time we saw him walk.



Anyway, he started walking the day before Thanksgiving at my parents house when Brandon and I were at dinner for our Anniversary. I am so sad that we missed it, but luckily he was still awake when we got there so he walked some more. I literally couldn't believe and I started crying (how ridiculous huh!?). He acts like he's been doing it forever and now it has only been a week since he started walking and he is practically running already. Watch out mom and dad!

8 comments:

Jeff and Mallory said...

He is so cute Alyssa! And Happy Anniversary!

grannyj said...

Hey Miss Alyssa, I got a few tears when I read this -- I remembered when Tim took his first steps, it was with Grandma Dorothy. Uncle Mark and I were in Spokane for my brother's high school graduation. I was disappointed and very happy. Our boys were meant to walk first with their Grandma's. You look wonderful and I would love to get to know Brandon. I hope we can do it soon. Take good care -- Love you much, Aunt Joanie

Katie and Kaden said...

happy anniversary, and jaxson is so so cute! its good to see how you guys are doing. its hard watching our kids grow up but its so fun at the same time

Melanie Cain said...

I get so excited reading your blog, anticpiating being a mommy. Our Anniversary is the 25th of November so I always remember yours. Your little boy is so cute, I can't believe he is already walking though! Holy Cow

Lisa and company said...

awwww he is getting sooo big! Happy Anniversary! Travis and I celebrated 15 years on the 27th.
Some of my best Thanksgiving memories are of spending time playing cards with the fam. Tell your mom and dad hi. We love and miss you guys!

Cameron and Cindy said...

He's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! Way to go Jaxson! Congrats to you two on your anniversary, too! We love you and miss you!

Wagars said...

Thanks for posting a picture of me with the hooter hider. Stay Classy San Diego!

Thanks for letting my use your gym the other day...it's the most exercise I've gotten in a long while.

lonnyanddeanne said...

Happy Anniversary and happy everything else as well! Your boy is walking!!! So cool. We miss you guys just as much. Sorry we have not made it there to see you. Between starting a job, buying a place, and all the travels- life is now suddenly in the middle of all the holiday fun. I hope you are enjoying all the holiday festivities:) - it looks like you are little miss Betty Crocker! We love you!