Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nursery...really, already?

Church is supposed to be a peaceful, spiritual experience, right? Well sometimes it is not exactly peaceful or spiritual when my overtired, hyperactive toddler is running around aimlessly distracting everyone in Primary (both of our callings are in Primary). Needless to say, I am usually exhausted and far from being reverent or spiritual by the time church is over. So, this past Sunday I accepted an offer from one of the nursery leaders to bring Jaxson into nursery (even though he's still got a month to go) and see how he does. Surprisingly, he did very well...but I did not. Since I didn't have him to chase after and constantly keep me on edge, I missed him and didn't quite know what to do with my freedom. I only snuck in to check on him once, but I am sad that my little baby is growing up and he doesn't need his mommy all of the time! Oh how quickly time flies!

3 comments:

Robyn and Clint said...

I don't really know how you feel because I don't have kids but it's sad even for me to see all my friends kids grow up so fast! We are coming back up there in a few months! We need to get together again.

The Stones said...

I totally know what you mean Lys! Church feels so pointless right now, however, not having Jack to hang out with and chase around doesn't sound fun either! I don't know what Drew will do... Jack is his elder's quorum buddy, 2 more months!

Petersons said...

I can't believe he is in nursery!! I keep forgetting he is one let alone that he might be eighteen months!! Anyway, I can't wait to hang out with you in a couple of days! yay