I got tagged to answer questions about my husband awhile ago and I haven't gotten around to doing it until now. So here it goes... to the best husband in the world!
1) What is his name? Brandon Call McEwen
2) Who eats more? Sometimes that is a toss up, but usually Brandon (I can eat quite an impressive amount of food though, I won't lie)
3) Who said "I love you" first? Brandon said it first, and I'm so glad because I would have wussed out if I had to say it first.
4) Who is taller? Well, it's a close call because he only has about 13 inches on me, but Brandon is, by just a cinch. Just see for yourself (and I'm in heels here)...
5) Who is smarter? That is debatable, because Brandon is probably smarter than me but because I apply myself more you might think that I am. In school, my grades are better and in math I am smarter, but if Brandon actually applied all of the knowledge he has (as if he cared) then he is probably smarter than me. We had a couple of classes together back in the day and he would study for about 15 minutes and I would study for about 3 hours and he would do better than me...he's like a sponge if he wants to be.
6) Who is more sensitive? That is actually a good question. I have become way more sensitive over the years, but Brandon is always a sweet and pretty sensitive guy (when it matters most)
7) Who does the laundry? Brandon surprisingly does most of the laundry, but in my defense, 90% of the clothes are his because he washes anything that was on his body even for a second (dirty or not)
8) Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? When you're laying down I sleep on the right, but if you're standing at the foot and looking at the bed, then he's on the right.
9) Who pays the bills? Brandon usually pays them
10) Who cooks more? I do, if Brandon cooks it is only because he really really wanted something sweet and I wouldn't make it, so he'll make himself a cake or something.
11) Who is more stubborn? I am definitely more stubborn (I got that from my dad and can't help it even if I try)
12) Who admits they are wrong first? Brandon does...he's more sensitive and I'm too stubborn :-)
13) Who has more siblings? He has 7 siblings, I have 3
14) Who wears the pants in the relationship? It depends what pants you are talking about...no, we are very equal in our relationship (at least I think so, he might have a different answer to that)
15) What do you like to do together? I love to do anything together, we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like because of work and school so anytime we get to hang out is awesome. But, we especially like to go to movies, play games, play with Jax, go shopping for Jax, go out to eat, and just hang out and be goofy together.
16) Who eats more sweets? Brandon used to eat more sweets than anyone I know, but interestingly enough he is picky about which ones he'll eat, he doesn't really eat candy, he eats ice cream, cookies, cake, and he will eat some candy bars, but if he likes them then I don't think anyone could out-eat him. I have small amounts of sweets everyday or so, but Brandon's massive amounts every few days equal more than mine, so he eats more I think.
17) Guilty pleasures? Brandon loves playing sports and working out, but he doesn't really get to do it too much anymore. Where does all the time go when you have a kid?
18) How did you meet? We met at college in Utah. It was actually pretty funny because we met the first week that we had both moved in to our apts in the same complex. My roommate and I had heard people talking outside so we glanced out the window, then we went back to doing whatever it was we were doing. Soon enough we heard this little "ping" "ping" outside our window. We realized it was those boys that were outside and they were throwing a ping pong ball at our window to get our attention. They asked if they could come up and meet us and so we finally let them... Anyway, it was Brandon and two of his friends. I had a boyfriend back home at the time and wasn't looking to get swept off my feet by anyone else at the time so we were just really good friends for awhile. Then, I broke up with my boyfriend back home and the sparks began to fly (well they were actually already flying a little). But, we dated and hung out with each other every single day and here we are now (almost 3 years later with a sweet little boy)!
19) Who asked out who first? Brandon will claim that I asked him out first just to make it more interesting, but in reality he asked me out and I still remember everything about our first date.
20) Who proposed and how? Brandon proposed to me on the beach in California. We went on a walk down the beach one night (July 3rd to be exact, he later told me that it was supposed to be on the 4th of July, but he just couldn't wait) and we stopped at a lifeguard tower to talk and just watch the waves. When we were getting up to leave I turned around to get my shoes and when I turned back he was down on his knee. He is so sweet! Then when we went back to the beach house we were staying at (with Brandon's family) his mom and brother were there to greet us with sparkling cider and hugs! They are such an awesome family!
21) His best features and qualities? He has so many good qualities and features I probably wont be able to list them all, but I'll try. First of all, he has such a great sense of humor and is so funny, he always makes me laugh. Not to mention, he is incredibly good looking (quite a handsome, strapping young man indeed). Also, I love how tall he is and how strong, yet sweet and sensitive he is. He is the best dad I have ever seen and he is a wonderful husband, and awesome best friend. Brandon is such a hard worker and really aims to please people. He is trustworthy, loyal and responsible. Needless to say, he is the best ever and I am so lucky to have him as my husband and the father of my children! I love you Brandon, you are our (mine and Jax's) hero!
People I am tagging... Well, I'm supposed to tag people to do this about their own spouse but I think I'm just going to leave it open. So, anyone who reads this, feel free to take the time and brag about and reflect on how awesome your own spouse is!